Sunday, April 7, 2013

April 7, 2013 - Kira the Red-tailed Hawk


This is Kira the Red-tailed Hawk.  Her wing was injured at one time and it was determined that she could no longer survive in the wild, so she is now housed at the Joseph E. Wargo Nature Preserve in Lino Lakes, Minnesota.

This shot represents leaving my comfort zone in two different ways:  first, I am switching from using Photoshop Elements to using Lightroom 4 to organize and edit my photos.  This has required learning the new tool and hunting through the screens to find the functions that I need.  Second, as you can see, this bird is in a pen, placing a wire fence between the bird and my camera.  Using auto-focus would have brought the fence into focus instead of the bird, so I used manual focus, something that I have not done much.  If this project is about expanding my skills and trying new things, I exceeded my quota today!

Camera Settings

HDR
No
Shutter
1/100
Filter(s)
UV
Metering
Matrix
Focal Length
Digital/35mm
250 / 375 mm
Aperture
f/6.3
White Balance
Auto
Flash
No
Camera Mode
Aperture Priority
ISO
640
Exposure Comp.
0
Stabilization
Handheld; VC on

No comments:

Post a Comment