Saturday, January 26, 2013

January 26, 2013 - Polar Plunge


The White Bear Lake (Minnesota) Polar Plunge was held this afternoon.  The temperature was 19F.  I enjoy going to this event to capture the participants expressions as they jump into the cold water of White Bear Lake.  It's as though it seemed like a good idea right up until that point!

Unfortunately the crowd was kept quite a ways away from the action, so I had to take my shots with my zoom fully extended and without the aid of a tripod, so the shots aren't as crisp as I would like.  Also, the participants and the rescue personnel were frequently between me and the jumpers, so I had to crop each image to get something useful.


HDRNoFilter(s)UV
Focal Length
Digital/35mm
185/277mmWhite BalanceAuto
Exposure1/400 Shutter PriorityMeteringMatrix
Aperaturef/6.3FlashNo
ISO200StabilizationHandheld; Vibration Compensation (VC) on

No comments:

Post a Comment