Thursday, January 3, 2013

January 3, 2013 - Black & White



I've read that, for a picture that lacks color, converting it to black & white can make it more appealing.  This morning I took this picture of a creek in Mounds View where there really wasn't much color this time of year.  Then, using Photoshop Elements, I converted it to black & white to see what it would look like.  While I generally prefer color photos, I can see that black & white can be interesting.

HDR:                    No
Exposure:           1/640 sec
Aperture:             f/5.6
ISO:                     200
White Balance:   Auto
Metering:            Matrix
Flash:                  No
Stabilization:      Tripod (Vibration Compensation off)

2 comments:

  1. I took a pic of Sam and a couple buddies pulling a portable ice house onto one of the local ponds and I thought it was B & W. I converted it and you really have to look at them to see which one is color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the B&W. The contrast makes it more interesting.

    ReplyDelete