Monday, December 3, 2012

December 1, 2012 - Larsmont Vase


I picked a poor day to start this project!  I'm at our cottage on Lake Superior, which is usually an excellent location for finding subjects to photograph, but this weekend the weather is cloudy, dark and misty.  I've read that this weather can sometimes offer great opportunities for unique photos, but no such luck!  So I looked around the cottage and found this vase to experiment with.  I had just viewed an instructional DVD on flash photography, so I decided to try using my flash off-camera.  After searching through the manuals for both my camera and my flash, I got my camera to communicate wirelessly with my flash.  After that, taking the picture seemed easy!

HDR:                    No
Exposure:           1/60 sec
Aperture:             f/6.3
ISO:                     4000
White Balance:   Auto
Metering:            Matrix
Flash:                  Yes - Off-Camera
Stabilization:       Tripod


3 comments:

  1. You might not have only picked a poor day to start this project, but also a poor month - it's getting cold out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering if I can subscribe to this blog. So long as you post entries to Facebook, I'll see them, but I think there are some advantages to subscribing/following as well. Is that an option?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the "off-camera flash" look you got. It looks like you had a window off the the left of the picture, instead of having a burst of light originating from the center of the picture.

    ReplyDelete