Tuesday, December 18, 2012

December 18, 2012 - The First Christmas


When I was very young, a friend of my parents took a ceramics class and started making the pieces of this nativity scene for her friends.  Mom and Dad received two or three pieces of the scene each Christmas for many years.  It was my Mother's pride and joy, and she beamed each Christmas season when she could unpack it and display it.  When we moved her from her apartment to the nursing home, Joan and I became its proud new owners.

HDR:                    No
Exposure:           5 sec
Aperture:             f/11
ISO:                     200
White Balance:   Auto
Metering:            Matrix
Flash:                  Yes, off camera
Stabilization:      Tripod, Lens vibration compensation (VC) turned off

1 comment:

  1. A few years ago I went with some neighbors to the Mormon temple in DC where they had an international exhibit of creches. It was amazing to see the many styles, each typical of a different culture but still looking like the one most familiar to me.

    ReplyDelete