Thursday, December 6, 2012

December 5, 2012 - Christmas Lights (Bonus Photo)


While staying in Fargo, ND, I experimented with taking pictures of homes decorated with Christmas lights.  This was the best of the lot that I came home with.  Rather than increase the ISO and, therefore, the noise, I took longer exposures.  It was rather windy, so some of the photos were blurry due to camera movement.

Lessons learned:  (1) When attempting longer exposures, be sure to use my better tripod (I have two), and (2) taking pictures outside, in December, in Fargo can REALLY be cold!!

HDR:                    No
Exposure:           10 sec
Aperture:             f/8
ISO:                     100
White Balance:   Auto
Metering:            Matrix
Flash:                  No
Stabilization:       Hand-held

No comments:

Post a Comment