Thursday, December 20, 2012

December 19, 2012 - Lake Peltier


This is Lake Peltier near Centerville, Minnesota.  I just jumped in the car and drove until I found something to shoot.  I like the shadows of the trees behind me and the little bit of color on the horizon.

I positioned myself on a fishing dock (yes, there was still a dock in the water, er ice).  As I was getting my camera gear ready to go out onto the dock, a guy came off of the dock and said that he had measured the ice at 5 inches thick.  He said he was checking because he had a relative coming from Australia for Christmas and the activity at the top of their list was to go ice fishing!  I got cold taking this picture - ice fishing wouldn't even make my list!

HDR:                    No
Exposure:           1/250 sec
Aperture:             f/11
ISO:                     200
White Balance:   Auto
Metering:            Matrix
Flash:                  No
Stabilization:      Tripod, Lens vibration compensation (VC) turned off

No comments:

Post a Comment