Monday, December 3, 2012

December 2, 2012 - Little Two Harbors


I'm still on the north shore of Lake Superior and the weather is still not cooperating!  Nonetheless, I ventured to Split Rock State Park and took a number of photos.  Most people see only the lighthouse in this state park, but an area that I like to shoot at is a bay they call Little Two Harbors (not to be confused with the town of Two Harbors south of the park).  During a portion of the year it is permitted to go onto the island in this picture (a small strip of land connects it to the shoreline) and get a great view of the lighthouse.

This isn't a great photography, but I like the color of the rock formation in the foreground.

HDR:                    No
Exposure:           1/60 sec
Aperture:             f/13
ISO:                     200
White Balance:   Auto
Metering:            Matrix
Flash:                  No
Stabilization:       Tripod

2 comments:

  1. I think you did well coping with the conditions. Looks like a beautiful spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that on cloudy days I can get colors to look more bright, in a way. My eye was drawn to the moss on the rocks, and the bright white of the snow in this picture.

    ReplyDelete