Monday, December 31, 2012

December 31, 2012 - Minnesota Tundra


This picture was taken while on a country road in Dellwood, Minnesota.  I decided it was time to do another HDR image, so attempted to find a bit of color on the Minnesota tundra.  I'm not sure why the snow looks blue - I even adjusted the temperature in PSE!

HDR:                    Yes (3 images)
Exposure:           1/60 sec  (0, -2, +2 exposure compensation)
Aperture:             f/11
ISO:                     100
White Balance:   Auto
Metering:            Matrix
Flash:                  No
Stabilization:      Tripod

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure there's enough there to take advantage of HDR - this photo doesn't look much different from a normal photo [although that's the goal for many that do HDR!]. It's also possible that your bracketing is too wide for this particular scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, pretty bleak this time of year! Thanks Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, pretty bleak this time of year! Thanks Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the blue snow. I watched lots of it, although a slightly lighter shade, from the window on our drive back from St. Paul this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete